Monday, February 9, 2015

Creating a Gmail Signature

Ever tried creating a GMail signature and wondered why you couldn’t attach a graphic as a Jpeg or Gif directly from your hard drive like you might expect? The secret is to link to your graphics from a location on the web. The quickest and easiest way I could think of to upload my icons to the web was to create a blog post with them embedded in it, so here they are here...


Now all I have to do is go into my Gmail settings and when creating a signature I add the icons as needed by cutting and pasting the image location into the appropriate text box. 
Go to: Insert image/web address (URL)




The good thing about doing it this way is that you can add a link to each separate icon making your email more interactive. This means when an icon is clicked recipients can then be directed to further information. In my case I added a link to content I have on the web that is relevant to each of the brands I manage, e.g. websites, facebook pages, Google Plus content, online shops, etc.


After that simply add whatever text you need. 
This is what my email signature looks like when finished...



I started off using jpeg format but then found the icons had an annoying gray background, even though the background is set to white. So I decided to try .png format instead which strips the background away... I made them slightly bigger while I was about it...


You could get more adventurous and try a full width graphic footer like this...






No comments:

Post a Comment